April 02, 2014
In April, CEO and Founder of Dataskill, Nigel Hook, was named by an independent judging panel as a semifialist for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2014 San Diego awards and progresses to next round of judging in May 2014.
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is the premier mark of world-class individuals leading world-class companies. At the program’s inception in 1986, a single award ceremony was held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Today, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program spans more than 145 cities and 60 countries and has grown to 25 regional programs in the US. Globally, we have recognized more than 10,000 entrepreneurs. Locally, we have honored more than 185 entrepreneurs.
How winners are selected
Entrepreneur Of The Year applicants are evaluated by an independent panel of judges. The judges are past winners and business and community leaders. They know what it takes to be an outstanding entrepreneur. The following are essential criteria that contribute to the selection of Entrepreneur Of The Year winners:
- Vision: creating or improving a business concept and implementing it effectively
- Leadership: demonstrating the focus and strength of character that enable an entrepreneur to move forward — and inspire a team to do the same — despite skeptics and obstacles
- Achievement: driving business success by going beyond developing an idea to continual innovation in order to generate new ideas
- Social responsibility: knowing that commitment and responsibility aren’t confined to business and leveraging energies and resources to give back to the community
- Financial performance: Demonstrates outstanding financial performance as evidenced by factors such as return on equity, revenues, profitability and growth rate that indicate long-term sustainability for the company
- Personal integrity/influence: Living his or her values has earned the candidate great respect from staff, competitors, advisors, family and the wider community
For a full list of Semifinalists click here